Sunday, October 26, 2008

fossil - my great regret

I've been using the Polo wallet bought from Parkson ever since i was in form 2. It gave me no problem at all just until early this year although it only costed RM29.90.

Then I think its time for a new wallet. A fresh, new, up-to-date designed one. I consulted few friends about what type and sort of price range should i look for. Many gave their suggestions but most told me to pick my next wallet carefully as wallets are not something we buy often. I always think that price plays a major role in determining quality. So, I targeted my next wallet should be around RM 150++. It didn't.. seriously it didn't hit me that that is too expensive. I thought that is the right price for quality wallets.

I have searched for Topman wallets on the internet before but it gave me UK prices, so, that is out of discussion for me. I have also entered Topman to look for their wallets. But I found none. Maybe its not there or maybe I didn't found it.



So one day in May I think, I went to Pyramid to shop with my family. In desperation to find a 'quality wallet' I entered Fossil boutique. A brand rather well known for watched and leather goods. I looked at the wallets section, carefully chose 1 that I like the most, took it and pay. I did look at the price, RM199.99 but as I have mentioned earlier, I thought it was okay. Strangely enough, the salesperson just took the wallet, put it into a plastic and put the wallet-contained-plastic into a fit-to-size paperbag. I was a bit stunned. No box? warranty card? Being a slowthinker, I walked out of the shop without demanding what I should have.

I showed it to my parents, they were not happy with the price. I showed it to my friends, they think that it was overpriced.

I like the wallet. But after three months use, it started to show me its undesirable characteristics.

oops! what should I do?

I got myself into Topman again and I found wallets. RM49.90. Then i feel like shit. I can buy 4 Topman wallets with this shitty Fossil.

Now, I'm searching for the receipt. I've searched every place I place I know that might house receipts. Nothing came out of it. Maybe its in the office. I'll search tomorrow. But I had to finish my assignments first!

No comments: