Saturday, September 20, 2008

of books

hola!

malas nak wat introduction on my new blog ni. so start terus pasal wat i wanna say. introduction nanti ak tulis bile ade feeling. huhuhuhu.

slase lepas, haikal ajak pegi berbuke kat alamanda ramai2. i joined. tempat sume penuh. finally buke kat McD ajeh.


pegi MPH afterwards. teringat nak beli buku yang Ain suggested. 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close' by Jonathan Safran-Foer. She suggested that one after i said that i liked The Curious Incident by Mark Haddon. carik punye carik, x jumpe. so i went to the inquiry counter. A lady sat there and i asked her about the book i wanted. She asked me who the author was. I said Jonathan Safran-Foer slowly enough.



And she started to type J-O-H-N-A-T-H-A-N. I saw her fingers.

"Ah dik, xde la author yang adik cari."
"Erm. akak try type skali lagi bleh?" and so i spelled jonathan to her.
"ada"
"ok, tajuknya ade x?"
"Ala dik, dah habis.."
"ok, thanks"

pastu i saje tgk2 around the shop. buku-buku by Cecilia Ahern ade banyak. Salwana once recommended Where Rainbows End to me and Sarah once posted a bulletin on friendster claiming that she had read all of Cecilia Aherns'. So I was like.. jealousnye aku, sume org bace buku. aku x bace ape pon. *please note that reading is not my habit pon*.. bawah buku Cecilia-cecilia tu ade numerous titles by Sophie Kinsella. The famous author of Confessions of A Shopaholic. By february next year, the movie version of the novel will come out. So igt nak angkat laa confessions of a shopaholic tu.


I turned the book. I terkejut gile tgk die nye price tag. Not because of the price but...

'Woman's Fiction'

I put it back slowly and walk away. I cant believe that they actually put a gender on books. x patut betul. Finally 1 buku pon ak x beli.

Bace buku2 Mitch Albom yang Farhan pinjamkan tempoh hari sudah laa..
-iZ-
am i putting fashion into everything?

No comments: